Today we welcome Emma Adams, author of the YA novel The Puppet Spell, to Twilight Sleep! Emma and I were chatting via Twitter one day about the best books we read as children. I thought that favorite children’s books – whether read as a child or not – would be a great idea for a guest post, so Emma agreed to stop by and tell us about hers!
- Winnie-the-Pooh by A.A. Milne – A classic from my childhood, and the first book I remember my parents reading aloud to me.
- The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame – Another classic. I loved the TV series, too!
- The Gruffalo by Julia Donaldson – I was quite a bit older when this came out, but it’s the sort of thing I’d have adored when I was little. It’s a really clever story with a great rhyme scheme – great for reading aloud!
- The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling – Goes without saying, really!
- Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll – Carroll is a genius. A mad genius, admittedly, but the Alice books are fantastic.
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl – I also like the BFG, Matilda…pretty much all of Roald Dahl’s books!
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney – These books are hilarious. They’re cleverly illustrated with appeal to kids of all ages, and I’m unashamed to say I enjoy them even at the age of 21!
- The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman – This is a fantastic story for children and adults alike. Love it!
- The Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan – Even though these are technically children’s books, I absolutely love this series!
- His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman – I read this series when I was quite young, but they’re actually quite sophisticated for children’s books. This is one of my favourite series to reread!
And there you have it! You can read more about Emma and her book The Puppet Spell in this interview she did with Twilight Sleep!
So, Emma and I want to know: are any of these some of your favorite children’s books as well? If not, what are? And did you read them as a child, teen, or adult?
Emma has graciously offered to provide a giveaway for those interested in reading HER book! You can use the widget below to enter for the chance to win an e-copy of The Puppet Spell! This giveaway is open to international entries. Contest ends July 12, 2013 at 12:01am CST. The winner will be contacted via email on July 13, 2013. Good luck!