I am thrilled to be able to participate in the book blast for Katlyn Duncan’s SOUL TAKEN which released this week on June 4th! To help spread the word about this awesome first book in the author’s new series The Life After, I have a few things to share with you, including an excerpt from the book and a giveaway! Read on for more information!
Soul Taken (The Life After #1) by Katlyn Duncan
After-life just got a lot more complicated
Maggie is a Soul Collector. It’s her job to transport souls from the Living Realm to the After – but during a mission to find a stolen soul, she ends up stuck in a teen mean girl’s body.
Trapped, Maggie’s soul is catapulted into Ally’s life – and the human world she hasn’t experienced for one hundred years. But, as a descendant of the most powerful beings in the After, Maggie must rescue Ally before the girl’s soul dies…
To survive, Maggie must uncover devastating secrets – because with one soul taken by a terrifying enemy, Maggie’s could be next!
GOODREADS | AMAZON | AMAZON UK | CARINA UK
Sounds pretty awesome, right? And that cover is absolutely gorgeous – love it! Katlyn was awesome enough to share with us her
Top Ten Fun Facts About SOUL TAKEN:
1. The inciting incident came about while I was walking into my local CVS about four years ago. And it took those long four years to get it where it is today.
2. Two of the characters are named after dogs that I’ve had. One is still alive and she is thrilled to be a part of my story.
3. I based the high school after the one I spent four years of my life in. But it had been rebuilt several years ago, now it only lives on in my memory and in the book.
4. Maggie and I share an affinity for cemeteries.
5. It wasn’t pitched as a series, but now I get to linger in this world for two more books.
6. I have a crush on two of my male characters, for very different reasons. (And I hope you will too!)
7. Two of the characters (who will have a much bigger role in Books 2 & 3) were never in the original drafts, they came out of left field and I’m so glad they decided to stay.
8. Gate Seven came from much thought about how I would want my after life paradise to look like.
9. One of my family members plays a small role in the novel. I was a bit nervous to select that scene since it nearly made me cry while writing it, but my editor loved it so much it had to stay.
10. It has an amazing cover!
I knelt down again next to Ally and reached out to touch her skin. Even though the sensation was unpleasant, I could feel her pulse as it rapidly declined.
“No,” I moaned. I looked up again to see if any of the Guard could help, but no one was around.
I looked back down at Ally. Her face was paling by the second. My soul started to tingle. I leaned closer to her body, reaching my hand out to touch her face again, when her arm moved toward mine.
I jumped back.
Heather pushed through the crowd. “Did she just move? Did I see her move?” Streaks of black mascara ran down her cheeks.
A ringing sensation tickled my ear and I tuned in to the True Soul’s presence. I looked at each human. The True Soul was close, but who had it? They all seemed equally shocked at the tragedy.
An uncomfortable pressure in my chest drew me closer to her body. My soul slanted toward hers until I was practically on top of her. I helplessly watched my hand morph and stretch toward her body.
“What the—?” I tried to pull back but the strength of whatever was happening had other ideas.
My hand disappeared first, then my arm, then my torso.
But before I could call for help, my world went dark.
And there’s a giveaway! I know you’re intrigued, because I am. Enter below for your chance to win an ebook copy of Katlyn’s book!